What is Digital Literacy?”Digital Literacy” is the often used term which encompasses the skills our students need to learn in order to become productive, successful citizens in the 21st century.
Digital Literacy includes:
- Information Literacy
- The ability to find relevant information.
- The ability to evaluate that information for reliability and validity (unfortunately, not everything on the Internet is true, honest or credible).
- The ability to use that information to draw conclusions or create a product.
- Technology Literacy
- Using software, online programs, applications, mobile devices, online collaboration and productivity tools and other online options to create digital products.
- Digital Citizenship
- The ability to use technology (online programs, sites, and apps, computers, and mobile devices) appropriately and responsibly.